Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Head Butler
The Assistant Head Butler assists Head Butler in the overall management of the Butler team. A person who is intuitive, meticulous, organized, good listener, exuberate warmth, strong motivator, leader by example, residents and colleagues engaging that ultimately drives high colleague engagement through passionate and committed Butlers. Skillful and experienced in Butler and Front Office tasks, confident in addressing guest feedback and constantly seeking new ways to create experiences that are astounding and superlative.
Executes Core Tasks
- Conducts regular inspections of arrival suite set-up, in-house suites, amenities deliver, special occasions set-up, departure arrangements follow-up and ensures team is intuitive and anticipate of guests' needs and wants.
- Consistently engages with guests upon arrival, during their stay and at departure.
- Curates bespoke experiences that are trend setting and work with external partners to deliver experiences that are superlative.
- Ensures full resolution of guest feedback and proper recording of feedback and preferences.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels, maintenance and general upkeep of equipment and operating supplies.
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections between Butlers and residents and keeps a good relationship with all departments in the hotel. Carries out managerial duties and any other duties as and when assigned by the management of the hotel and department together with or in the absence of the Head Butler.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Hotels Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
Management and Leadership of the Butler Team
- Accountable to drive and create action plans of Butlers' performance in guest satisfaction index, audits and KPIs.
- Responsible for the planning of 24-hours shift and schedule of leave.
- Monitors team's performance, provides timely feedback for improvements and praise when due.
- Prepares on-boarding familiarization program for new joiners.
- Creates a work environment where ideas and suggestions count and assists to resolve any challenges faced or reassess Standard Operating Procedures and Sequence of Services to ensure relevance.
- Creates plan and executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management and cooperates with the Lobby Operation team in promoting inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
Improves Quality of Product and Services
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Lobby Manager and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Singapore Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP), Forbes 5 Stars as well Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures and ensures all direct reports and peers are trained in and follows WSH guidelines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Degree from School for Tourism and Hotel Management.
- Strong Butler and Front Office skills and knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years at a management level of a luxury hotel.
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to communicate in a second language.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skill.
- Ascertains and effectively address guest / colleagues needs.
- Ability to contribute in team, work punctually and effectively.
- Directs team, trains and motivates individuals, creates and maintains a cohesive team.
- Services oriented with an eye for details and approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, and exercises good judgment.
- Prioritises and organises work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and energetic and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Experiential focus.
- Local market knowledge.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
- International level of quality and non-hotel experience a plus.
- Multi-cultural understanding.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.