Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Manager - Engineering (HVAC)
- To assist the chief engineer in the day to day work and oversee the preventive maintenance of all equipment.
- To assume all the responsibilities and authority of the chief engineer in his absence.
- To take regular training classes of Engineers and Staff.
- To check all log books daily and take corrective measures accordingly.
- To keep Chief Engineer informed of all the activities and incidence in the Engineering Department.
- To coordinate with the outside agencies or vendors for repair and maintenance work.
- To check the quality of engineering goods procured by the organisation.
- To obtain a thorough knowledge of firefighting appliances.
- Able to represent engineering department on HOD meeting during the absence of Chief engineer.
- Able to take decisions in order to ensure successful operation.
- Able to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively perform vendor management.
- Able to make quotation finalisation.
- Monitor and record utility consumption and assist the Chief Engineer to maintain efficiency.
- Maintain history card for all the plant equipment.
- Provide supervision and leadership to colleagues within his/her area of the Technical Services Department.
- Daily coordination of the Technical services department in his/her area of responsibility.
- Advise on the duty roster for his/her area of responsibility.
- Should have good knowledge of Capex and Opex item.
- Prepare reports, maintain inventories, and keep accurate records, order equipment and supplies.
- Ensure correct maintenance of all equipment in conjunction with the other user departments.
- Stay abreast with the technological advances in surveillance & safety of equipment.
- Ensure that Operational problems are promptly brought to the attention of the Technical Supervisor.
- At regular intervals, inspect the working condition of equipment and engineering systems and ensure that all standards are maintained.
- Any other job or duties assigned by the management as and when required.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- General knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen and other trades.
- Proficient in Windows, PMS and MS Office applications
- Good knowledge of fire & life safety processes and procedures.
- Excellent command of English language (oral and written).
- Strong knowledge of mechanical or electrical services.
- Able to train, coach and develop team members.
Be proficient and efficient in all aspects of area of expertise, and adopt pro-active approach to problem solving.