Hotels & Resorts
Queenstown, New Zealand
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Manager
Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa
We are looking for a personable, guest-focused Front Office professional, with proven experience in luxury setting for this exciting leadership position.
An incredible leadership opportunity has arisen at our five star luxury property in the heart of Queenstown. By joining the team as Assistant Manager you will:
- Assist in the management of the hotel Front Office operation, maintaining Sofitel's reputation as market leader for individualised customer focused service in the hotel locality.
- Effectively supervise guest arrivals and departures, ensuring that room allocations and check in/out processes follow set procedures and are customer focused.
- Train, coach and support Front Office team members.
- Utilise the Front Office system ensuring accuracy in use and a range of accurate reports to meet operational needs.
- Ensure effective communication of new and updated information regarding policies, rates and general hotel information to guests and to your team.
- Ensure strict procedures are followed for all cash/credit, cheque transactions, accounting and banking procedures, issue of keys and guest confidentiality.
- Carry out Front Office and hotel reception duties as well as from time to time assisting in the operation of an effective night audit, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage duties as required.
- You will be responsible for the service of alcohol in some shifts.
- Minimum 2 years experience at five star luxury property
- Passion for high end hospitality with an eye for detail
- Ability to build warm relationships and gain trust at all levels
- Current LCQ and General Managers Certificate preferred
- Current First Aid Certificate preferred
- Opera software experience essential
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Articulate communication skills and an understanding of luxury guest expectations
- Hotel Management qualification preferred
- Full clean, valid Driver's Licence Flexibility to work weekends and public holidays, with occasional overnight shift coverage.
- Valid visa to work in New Zealand
- Competitive wages, free daily staff meals, gym access and dry-cleaned uniform and laundry allowance;
- Discounted Hotel stays, food and beverage rates and Spa treatments across Accor properties - worldwide;
- Opportunities for further development and qualifications;
- Opportunities for worldwide career progression within Accor;
- Free ski hire in winter!
An award-winning choice...
Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards
- 2020 Best Boutique Hotel - Oceania
- 2020 Best Destination Hotel - Oceania
- 2020 Best Hotel Service - Oceania
- 2020 Best Luxury Hotel - Oceania
World Luxury Spa Awards
- 2019 Best Luxury Destination Spa - Oceania
World Luxury Hotel Awards
- 2019 Best Luxury Spa Hotel - Australiasia