Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Asst. Restaurant Manager
Validate Through :
01 Jan 2022
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
- To maintain the daily log book.
- To plan the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To maintain outlet communication board.
- To submit all guest / staff incident reports.
- To report "Lost & Found" items, and handle them in accordance to the Policy & Procedures.
- To control requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that all employees establish a rapport with guests. Handle all guest requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To strictly maintain & adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
- To obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for cashier / floats and their maintenance.
- To handle voiding, correcting, changing of restaurant, checks in accordance with the prescribed procedures and account for all checks used during each shift.
- To identify and correct any errors.
- To manage a consistent guest recognition program and maintain a relevant guest database.
- To ensure that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statement, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times following Novotel Standards
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work to the standards set.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and check their performance periodically.
- To be hands on manager and be present at all times in the restaurant, especially during busy periods.
- To manage flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
- To maintain and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, inventoried items, and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Outlet manager if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to and that the cashiering system is updated and operated correctly
- To ensure that the outlet employees are adequately trained and have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
- To fully support the departmental trainers function in the department assigned, develop department trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To assist in the training of Food & Beverage cashiers ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the department' operations manual.
- To conduct staff yearly performance appraisal.
- To ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's employee rules & regulations.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To carry out bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment as well as conducting monthly par stock checks.
- To assist in organize festive food promotions within the outlet.
- .To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To liaise and organize with Housekeeping department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
Occupational Health & Safety
- To coordinate all repair and maintenance and issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety
All employees to safeguard their health and safety, and the health and safety of others, in the workplace. Replacement and Temporary Mission :
Be ready and responsible for any job, which may be assigned by the Management.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities skill, effort or working condition associated with the position. It is only indicative & intended to provide a description of the principle elements essential for the performance of the job. All job descriptions are subject to change.