Job Description For Assistant Server, Clockwork (full-time)
Fairmont Royal York
Assistant Server, Clockwork (full time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
Your experience and skills include:
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- The Assistant Server's focus will be to act as a support in all areas of Guest service delivery. In principle, their function will be threefold; to prepare serving stations and work areas for each meal period, assisting with the smooth execution of meal service during peak times, and offering continued support in preparation for the next meal period.
- The Assistant Server will be an integral part of the Lobby Lounge team.
- To promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times
- To report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- To have a full understanding of the food and drink offerings in the outlet, including dietary restrictions, and be proficient in answering any guests' questions.
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of Lobby Lounge policies, procedures and set service standards as outlined in the Royal York Colleague Handbook
- To demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of all steps of service and duties and perform them to the set standards as outlined in the Job Task Checklist
- To assist all Guests (internal and external) with any inquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner
- Attend pre-shift, weekly and monthly meetings to continually improve the Guests experience
- Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered in the Lobby Lounge.
- To understand how to operate all the equipment used in the outlet
- To fully understand and follow the hotel's recycling program and procedures
- Adhere to ALL Safe Standards, ensuring all hygiene and prevention measures are being met
- Adhere to alcohol handling procedures and policies
- Adhere to all LQA standards set for the department
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
- Any other tasks as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous work experience in a restaurant/food and beverage setting
- OTEC certificate an asset
- Flexibility with shifts of the outlet dependent on business demands
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
- Smart Serve Training Certification
- Experience working in Union Environment
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position