Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Associate Director Of Sales (Mumbai)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maximise daily sales call into the field where leadership examples drive sales effectiveness with team players.
- To manage selected key accounts of the hotel, and to participate in the negotiation of all major volume account contracting.
- To manage and control the yearly RFP processing for meetings and groups requirement within the hotel and in conjunction with the GSA offices globally to maximise the acquisition of accounts for the hotel.
- Monthly meeting with sales team to monitor of the room night production of Sales Managers ensuring that room night, average rate and revenue production are in line with budget/forecast and to recommend strategies or training to overcome shortfalls.
- To daily monitor group rate levels contracted to ensure hotels rate guidelines are applied as per hotels approved group rate structure and required production levels are achieved.
- To monitor the monthly, 3 month and 12 month rolling forecast and attend forecast meetings to develop sales strategise/monthly tactical action plans to overcome shortfalls to budget/forecast.
- To champion the competitor overview for meetings and events, with daily monitoring of competitor results with Sales Managers concerned. To keep updated on market trends and changes to trends for daily sales morning briefing update.
- To champion the preparation of monthly, 3 monthly action plans for meetings and events to drive results and improve sales performances, updating hotels master sales and marketing timeline chart.
- To lead monthly brainstorming sessions with sales team, and synergise with leisure Sales for hotel packages, promotional rates aimed at improving sales performances. Development of meeting packages for review with Director of Marketing.
- To develop and monitor volume of new business leads for the hotel on weekly basis. (2 accounts per week is the minimum standard) per Sales Manager, to drive this as a key objective for the hotels account development requirements.
- To prepare monthly and review Sales Managers "Hit list" of competitor key accounts as part of key objectives to convert these accounts to Fairmont Jaipur. Submit to DOSM for review. To monitor conversion rate of these.
- To achieve weekly standard of 2 clients per week for site inspection and entertainment of hotel. These are to be qualified potential accounts, or new accounts for the hotel.
- To conduct training sessions for sales staff as required and update DOSM on any outside sales training requirements as they arise.
- To review on monthly basis profile of meeting account database/ based on room night production, average rate to ensure accounts are achieving room night production requirements. Update Director of Sales & Marketing on account fluctuations.
- To monitor rates and any requirements for rates outside hotels approved structure, obtain necessary approval from DOSM or GM.
- To ensure conversion rate from enquiry to definite meets LBR targets (55%) is the standard.
- To prepare master list of yearly sales blitz requirements for the hotel based on meetings and events rate offers within local market and nearby feeder markets.
- To attend road shows as required by DOSM both international and local.
- All hotel contract rates must be reviewed and signed off by DOS or DOSM prior to submission to client.
- To collect data from sales coordinators for review of incoming meetings/groups arrival list for welcome note and meets and greets requirements. Update DOSM at morning briefing of VIP arrivals or VIP Group arrivals. Daily reader board sourcing from competitor hotel set to ensure DOS-M&E is updated on all competitor events in-house for intro letter for LBR sales.
- To update account management system on daily basis with formatted information on accounts to Fairmont Jaipur standard procedure requirements.
- To conduct site inspections as required for clients as per Fairmont Jaipur procedures.
- To attend daily sales briefing 8.30 am sharp with update on sales call schedule for the day and highlights on previous day sales calls.
- To prepare and collect from Sales Managers, weekly sales call schedule-outlining calls by day, with name of company to be called on and person of contact with time and position within company. To be submitted to DOS by 5.00 pm Friday of every week for approval and review of DOSM.