Job Description For Baker
Fairmont Century Plaza
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
Baking is a balance of technique and imagination. It is a specific passion that only a true baker can fulfill. As a Baker at Fairmont Century Plaza, your creativity and culinary skills will guide the success of our Bakery's wide assortment of delicious baked goods. There are multiple venues within the operation which will allow growth in not only skills and talent but also in product development.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
- Ensure daily checks of all mise en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Prepare daily production of artisan breads, rolls laminated doughs and other baked goods according to standard recipes
- Inspect product for quality and consistency during and after baking
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake
- Monitor inventory of supplies and order stock based on daily and weekly requirements
- Complete production sheets needed for the daily operation
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Maintain consistency for all items leaving the Bake Shop
- Follow Kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist in creating new seasonal bakery items for all hotel venues.
- Assist in developing and testing recipes
- Previous experience in a Bakery/Pastry production required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to:
- work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- work cohesively as part of a team
- focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- perform job specifications with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- prioritize, organize, and follow through
- operate, clean and maintain all equipment
- comprehend and follow recipes
- expand and condense recipes
- perform job functions with minimal supervision
- use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
Additional Information Your team and working environment:
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
Fairmont Century Plaza offers 400 guestrooms & suites, an array of food and beverage concepts including a rooftop bar, a café, a modern American brasserie; a 14,000 square foot world-class spa, a state of the art fitness facility, a rooftop swimming pool and nearly 24,000 square feet of private event space.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.Visa Requirements:
Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D