Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
27 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
He assists (hands on) the Executive Chef in handling the Bakery Section within the Kitchen, thriving for the highest possible guest satisfaction.
What is in it for you:
- Working at the property and Accor, including talent development opportunities and Corporate Social Responsibility activities
What you will be doing:
- Monitors all duty schedules in the bakery kitchen operation.
- Works in close cooperation with the Service and Stewarding Sections.
- Works hands on towards the timely kitchen preparations for all meal service periods in the outlets and banquet activities.
- Regularly tours his/her Kitchens, stores and other food production facilities ensuring the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety.
- Handles guest's complaints directly if the situation calls for.
- Drives together with the Executive (Sous) Chef all extracurricular events in the outlets as per the annual promotions calendar.
- Controls the food cost by preparing/reviewing/all store requisitions and direct purchase submits them for signature and ensures the accurate delivery of goods.
- Ensures that his/her immediate reliever is well informed about all relevant operational issues.
- Directs the development of Chefs under his direct supervision i.e. Demi Chefs, Commis by conducting regular practical and theory training sessions.
- Conducts daily checks on the appearance (condition of uniforms) and grooming of assigned.
- Conducts regular spot checks on expiry dates of food products.
- Handles all food transfers out of the bakery to other areas and ensures proper documentation.
- Ensures the proper handling of all FF&E and operating equipment.
- Participates in establishing the month end inventory in the baker
- Attends meetings (on behalf) and conducts daily briefings with all key personnel if the situation calls for, to ensure open communication lines.
- Participates to meet the department's revenue budget and exercises the constant control of operational costs (food, labor and maintenance).
- Is familiar with the company's internal policies and all safety procedures.
- Conducts competition checks (on instructions) to assist the company in being updated on local industrial activities.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times
Your experience and skills include:
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
Your team and working environment:
- Good in English
- Good in Computer Skills
- Very Good Communicator
- Ability to train others
- Follow the standards and regulations
Why work for Accor?
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guest's lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
- It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
- We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS