Job Description For Banquet Administrative Assistant
Fairmont Royal York
Banquet Administrative Assistant
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended Healthcare Plan Coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the Company and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- All Heartists Travel Program for stays at properties world-wide
Your experience and skills include:
- Have complete knowledge of the hotel's events, services and facilities
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended both internal and external guests
- Maintain an orderly working environment
- Support the Banquet Management Team with administrative duties
- Ensure that payroll records are accurate and up-to-date on a daily basis
- Maintain employee records ie: vacations, sick leave, leave of absence, calling logs etc.
- Keep track of function gratuities, and communicate with payroll and accounting departments
- Assist with office equipment operation and maintenance ie: printer, copier, computer
- Maintain good working relationships internally and across departments
- Attend departmental meetings, record, distribute and file "minutes".
- Coordinate and update last minute changes
- Distribute paychecks, gratuity reports, and other pertinent information
- Create a daily assignment of shifts for servers for the up-coming day
- Ensure that all function information is kept up to date with respect to all changes and or revision
- Process Credit Card machine posting
- Complete Banquet Cashier Administration duties
- Process bills for banquet services
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Computer proficient, able to use Microsoft Office, Property Manager/Opera
- Able to multitask with effective proficiency
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Previous hotel experience an asset
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Previous union experience
Your team and working environment
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS