Job Description For Banquet Bar & Porter Supervisor
Fairmont Royal York
Banquet Bar & Porter Supervisor
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As a member of our leadership team, you will be responsible for creating the optimal employee experience for our colleagues to ensure they feel: valued, free, and engaged in their team. It will be your responsibility to not only lead others, but also yourself and the business.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing to Create the Essential Toronto Experience:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended Healthcare Plan Coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the Company and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- All Heartists Travel Program for stays at properties world-wide
Your experience and skills include:
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of the porters operation of the banquet department
- Responsible for daily operation by managing on the floor
- Assists with the scheduling and supervision of all porters within the budgeted guidelines
- Organizes and coordinates function room set-ups and food and beverage services
- Conducts frequent inspections of banquet facilities and equipment, reporting any deficiencies to maintenance
- Maintain a liaison with convenor and coordinator before, during and after all services to ensure all needs are at least satisfied, if not exceeded
- Maintain and ensure that all function information is kept up to date with respect to all changes and/or revisions
- Set up & issue bars according to information on BEOs
- Undertake bar inventory & ordering responsibilities
- Record & document bar consumptions at conclusion of events
- Maintain appropriate stock levels
- Ensure that all financial reporting is maintained and accurate inclusive of payroll
- Ensure high level of departmental morale through coaching and co-chairing of monthly departmental communication meetings
- Complete all other duties that are assigned by the Porter Manager, Bar Manager, Banquet Director or Assistant Director that relates to the overall operation
- Take a constructive approach to achieving departmental goals with regards to the Guest Service Index, financial targets and Health and Safety
- Ensure extremely high level of guest satisfaction showing a yearly increase on meeting planner JDP scores
- Able to foster a positive approach towards Heath and Safety with all staff and maintain a low frequency of accidents
- Work closely and communicate effectively with all coordinators of convention and catering events
- Responsible for ensuring all set up & bar standards are met and rooms detailed
- Responsible for development of colleagues providing both recognition and discipline to foster growth
- Ensure that equipment needs are adequately maintained and inventories kept
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment & facilities
- All other duties assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Minimum one year experience as a Banquet Supervisor/Head Porter in a medium to large size hotel
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, E-mail, Excel, Opera
- A proven leader and committed to staff development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous union experience is an asset
Your team and working environment
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.