Job Description For Banquet Bartender (casual)
Fairmont Royal York
Banquet Bartender (casual)
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing to Create the Essential Toronto Experience:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extended Healthcare Plan Coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the Company and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- All Heartists Travel Program for stays at properties world-wide
Your experience and skills include:
- To provide guests with the high standards of service predetermined by the hotel.
- To assist guests with beverage service and other aspects of the meeting program.
- Arrive on duty with proper attire and prepared for shift on time
- Have complete knowledge of the hotel's events, services and facilities
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers, exceeding expectations
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
- Setting and serving bars at various functions such as receptions, lunches and dinners
- Maintaining convention facilities, storage areas and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- Set up and tear down of beverage setup according to the pre-determined standards of the department and hotel
- Actively participate in the health and safety regulations at all times
- Ensure guests needs and requirements are carried out with a helpful and courteous manner
- Unload and store all beverage left-overs as directed by your supervisor or manager
- Complete any and all necessary duties and responsibilities as needed and other duties as assigned by your manager or supervisor
- Participate in regular departmental communication meetings
- Adhere to ALL Safe Standards, ensuring all hygiene and prevention measures are being met
- Adhere to alcohol handling procedures and policies
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
- Any other tasks as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Teamwork approach to all duties and helpful attitude with co-workers
- Efficient and effective approach to completing all tasks
- Understand and follow through with all banquet event orders
- To have a complete understanding of preparation and presentation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Must have Smart Serve Certification
- Capable of physical duties such as lifting and moving portable bars and cases of liquor
Your team and working environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS Note
: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.