Job Description For BANQUET CAPTAIN - Full Time - Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Hotel)
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
BANQUET CAPTAIN - FULL TIME - Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Hotel) The Banquet Captain is responsible for maintaining the high service standards of the Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. The Banquet Captain is responsible for organizing and carrying out the functions of the Banquet Department. These functions may include, but are not limited to, staffing, scheduling, inventories, ordering, BEO updates, reviews and meetings, Banquet Invoice tracking and review, coaching and counseling, room set-up prep, room break-down prep and other Banquet management related responsibilities.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide, including Fairmont Hotels
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Competitive and flexible Health Care Benefit Plans to meet you and your family's unique needs
- Vacation Benefits after 90 days
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain close guest contact and banquet staff contact
- Clearly communicate verbally and in writing with Banquet staff, kitchen staff and other hotel departments
- Make management decisions in the best interest of the hotel and the guest
- Review and maintain high quality of set-up, service and follow-up for Banquet events
- Accurately tally beverage consumption sheets in a timely manner
- Accurately and efficiently process Banquet checks (post, client signatures, close and process)
- Abide by Banquet and SMI service standards
- Direct multiple events at the same time
- Lead Banquet Servers, Housemen and kitchen personnel in teamwork
- Train and follow up on SMI service standards
- Provide excellent overall design and décor of banquet space, even in the absence of client provided supplies
- Secondary skills such as bartending, serving, room set-up and break-down
Directly supervises Banquet Servers, Banquet Housemen and Banquet Bartenders, alone or in tandem with other Banquet Captains and the Banquet Manager or Supervisors. Indirectly supervises any other hotel line-associate that is involved in service to SMI Banquet Guests. Your experience and skills include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your team and working environment:
- Two years Food and Beverage experience as Banquet Captain, Banquet Lead Server, full-service restaurant manager or full-service assistant restaurant manager with a luxury property (hotel or restaurant)
- Previous fine dining experience as server, captain or Banquet server
- Working knowledge of buffet design, buffet décor and table arrangement
- Excels in providing and generating a "can do" attitude with staff and colleagues
- Ability to look at the big picture and adjust the small details
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, an elegant Spanish mission-style Inn, boasts exceptional accommodation in the heart of Wine Country. As one big team, we know that only together we can do amazing things. A community of service professionals coming together with a common purpose to welcome, connect, and serve others. Visa Requirements:
Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS