Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Asst. Restaurant Manager
Validate Through :
06 Jan 2022
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Position: Banquet Captain
Purpose: To manage, plan and direct the banquet operations including service, and set-up of service. The position will report to the Banquet Manager and will partner closely with the Catering/Sales and Culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the clients successfully.
Reports to: Banquet Manager
- Oversees all banquet service operations and ensures that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Review Banquet Event Orders (BEO) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room are set as contracted. Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision of the banquet staff. Provides leadership to the staff in the absence of the Banquet Manager.
- Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and the Culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guests.
- Assist with the cost and quality control of banquet services.
- Be an active liaison between the guests and heartist to ensure outstanding customer service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies
- Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager
- Work closely with Guest Services and Maintenance to schedule and perform transportation of supplies and equipment as needed throughout the hotel.
Tools and Equipment:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or a related discipline is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Computer and printer, typewriter, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, file folders, filing cabinet, facsimile machine
- Ability to work as a server, bartender, host, server to cover shifts as needed.
- Ability to lead by example. Prepare and conduct disciplinary situations with Heartists
- Ability to communicate clearly with all departments, being proactive to resolve issues.
- Ability to solve guest problems, recover the guest and create an amazing experience.
- Ability to work under pressure to turn a room into a different function in a short time.
- Ability to carry heavy trays
- Ability to handle guest requests and satisfy their needs.
- Interior of hotel, in all areas of the hotel.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
- Sitting, walking, standing, bending, writing, typing, filing.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts.