Job Description For Banquet Cook I
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
To produce all hot and cold food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Fairmont Grand Del Mar standards and specifications. This person maintains control charts of all food items produced and maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout cooking area.
Your experience and skills include:
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Fairmont Grand Del Mar standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Ability to read BEO
- Cooks on carving station, pasta, omelet and stir fry stations
- Ability to work all banquet functions
- Ability to cut, trim and bone meat prior to cooking
- Ability to wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetable to prepare them for use
- Ability to have a positive relationship with other departments
- Ability to bake, broil, sauté and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods
- Ability to measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- Must have ability to communicate well both verbally and written in basic English
Your team and working environment:
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS