Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
St Andrews/United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquet Head Chef
Fairmont St Andrews - Scotland
Banquet Head Chef
You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. Supporting the Executive Chef and leading the team to success.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Dicounted Food & Beverage, Golf, Spa and hotel rooms
What you will be doing:
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure all Banquets are prepared and served to the highest standard
- Responsible for the direct supervison of all employees engaged in the kitchen
- In conjunction wiht the Executive Chef establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis and correct if need be.
- Ensure that training for all kitchen staff, including apprentices is carried out as requested by the Executive Sous Chef
- Plan menus and test samples
- Support Executive Chef with interviews and recruitment
- Maintain good employee relations
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Run a section smoothly and efficiently
- Adhere to Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure food standards are met at all times
- Lead the pass during service hours
- Provide clear instructions to junior team members
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- Add diplomas/certifications required if needed
Your team and working environment:
- working in a fast paced kitchen environement where clear communication is essential
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS