Job Description For Banquet Houseperson (Part-time Overnights)
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
Banquet Houseperson (Part-time Overnights)
As a Banquet House person, you will be responsible for setting the stage to make memorable moments for our guests. Your work behind the scenes will play a large role in the success of all of our Banquet functions as execute up extraordinary events, and grow your career with a luxury hotel brand. Come as you are!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Setup of all function/meeting rooms according to the banquet event order and Fairmont standards
- Maintain neat and organized table and chair storage areas
- Provide courteous and professional service to guests and colleagues
- Maintain positive working relationships with fellow colleagues and other hotel departments
- Ensure the equipment and all work areas are maintained to hotel standard
- Properly stock all convention equipment in appropriate stores as per the hotel standards
- Relay any guest comments or concerns to the Banquets Supervisor
- Report any unsafe working conditions or procedures and unsafe work habits by others
- Service and setup coffee stations
- Service and setup food stations
- Service meetings and anticipate guest's needs
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Hotel Macdonald indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
- High school graduate, with a minimum 6 months' work experience, preferably in hospitality
- Previous experience in a banquet or convention department an asset
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk throughout your shift
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Your team and working environment:
Edmonton's "Chateau on the River" For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskachewan River Valley, the hotel's charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city's most sought after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton's only four-diamond "Chateau on the River" offers unparalleled views of North America's largest expance of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury was we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold and Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our confederation lounge and our award winning restaurant, The Harvest Room. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS