Job Description For Banquet Manager
Do what you Love, Care for the World,
Challenge the Status Quo!
WELCOME TO SWISS Ô TEL CHICAGO
Over the past several months, our dedicated team has been a beacon of strength as we've managed through the global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. This crisis has shown the very best of our hotel and we are so proud of how all of our colleagues have been there for each other, offering help, comfort and support through these difficult and unpredictable times. The spirit, passion and determination of our Swiss ô tel Chicagofamily is stronger than ever before.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Banquet Manager
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and legendary views make every special event at Swiss ô tel Chicago a truly memorable experience. Your leadership and organization strengths as Banquet Manager will ensure that each group function reflects your team's commitment to quality, efficiency and superior guest service in our award-winning hotel!
Reporting to the Director, Banquets, the Banquet Manager will be responsible for fulfilling the client experience in our 65,000 square feet of state-of-the-art event center. The Banquet Manager will assist the Director, Banquets and in overseeing a large team of talented individuals and will be responsible for managing and working with the Supervisors in supervising Banquet events, employees and the overall department.
- All areas of guest service and core standards
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of all colleagues in the Banquet and Banquet Set-up Department including staff supervision, tip distribution, ringing in of checks, alcohol distribution, etc.
- Ensuring all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the Banquet Department.
- Leading and coaching all colleagues in the banquet services department
- Assisting the Director, Banquets with overall recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring adequate staffing levels to satisfy guest needs.
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives
- Implementing meeting and conference service standards.
- Creating and implementing a preventative cleaning and maintenance program of all banqueting areas & equipment.
- Creating and implementing new processes and procedures to drive the department forward
- The overall financial success of the department, including day-to-day payroll control, planning yearly capital improvements and exercising control of fixed and variable expenses.
- The Director will partner with Meetings and Events, along with various Meeting Planners to produce positive Voice of the Guest scores.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines that are established for each event.
- Work together with the Culinary & Stewarding team to ensure that all food service exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Work with the Stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met and all equipment is properly maintained.
- Finding creative solutions and proactively solving problems in order to meet a demanding client base.
- Creation and implementation of guest preference programs.
- Actively involved on a day-to-day basis with creative buffet décor and establishing new ideas.
- Work with the Conference Service & Catering Department in order to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized.
- Maintain high level of professional appearance, demeanor and image of self / hotel
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Previous leadership experience required with previous Banquet leadership preferred
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Must exhibit command and presence on the floor
- Must have exceptional working relationships with Culinary, Stewarding, Event Services etc.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Wine & spirits knowledge and an understanding of Banquet Beverage is preferred
Heart + Artist = Heartist Our Heartist Culture
- Employee Benefit Card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning & Development programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibilities, such as Sustainability, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Extended Benefit Package
At Accor, we are all Heartists . Passionate and experts in what we do, each and every one of us, with our own personality, master the fine art of welcoming, connecting, and serving others. We are passionate about people and attentive to the world, it is the Heartist way of being.
Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things! The world is more welcoming when we're connected heart to heart. How we do it? We care, we dare, we place people at the heart of everything we do.
We aim at creating exceptional experiences that will turn both guests and employees into raving fans, because our own well-being in our jobs is just as important as our guest fulfillment. Like all good stories, everything is related. We are driven by our shared values. Come As You Are
Imagine a workplace with leaders and colleagues who show up real, who embrace vulnerability, let go of egos and inspire authentic, genuine connections. Come as YOU are by adding your voice to 120 cultures and counting. Our culture of inclusion welcomes everyone, regardless of race, gender, background, or... anything really!
For five years in a row, our colleagues have voted Swiss ô tel Chicago a Top Workplace and every day we strive to bring our best selves to work to live up to this tremendous honor. We are looking for individuals who love nothing more than to connect with fellow humans. If you love the idea of building a career and being celebrated in your job for simply being YOU - then apply with us today and tell us about yourself! Our Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children's Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future. Our Vitality
Made possible by Harry Weese's visionary design, Swissôtel Chicago boasts "forever" views of the Chicago skyline, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. Our colleague culture is inspired by Vitality; united by a common goal to deliver heartfelt service, build meaningful relationships and lead quality lives. With incomparable event space, 662 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, a one of a kind penthouse ballroom and flawless food & beverage delivery, Swissôtel Chicago is the premiere hotel in Chicago for leisure and conference guests. About Accor
We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams.
We're so much more than hotels-we're creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups. About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of Accor , a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.