Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquet Operations Supervisor
Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam
PLEASE APPLY VIA:
Will you become our new enthusiastic: Banquet Operations Supervisor?
We are looking for the right individual whom is can weather through unanticipated storms, builds relationships and keeps the Banquet operation running smoothly & efficiently. You will directly be executing the day-to-day activities as per the BEOs and departmental planning under supervision and guidance of the Banquet Operations (Assistant) Manager.
The banqueting facilities are located within the hotel and the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space exceeding 1900m2, incl. 11 modern and spacious conference and boardroom all equipped with high tech AV solutions. Through ijVENUES, the new exhibition centre of Amsterdam, both participants and conference space is greatly extended, with endless creative meeting opportunities together with our various partners.
The Banquet Operations has a dedicated team of around 5 staff; one (1) Banquet Operations Manager, two (2) Supervisors and Banquet waiters. The Banquet Operations Manager is reporting to the F&B Manager as part of the F&B Department, consisting of an All-Day Dining Restaurant, Lobby & Lounge Bar, In-room dining, kitchen, (outsourced) stewarding and Banquet Operations.
Your main responsibilities and tasks:
- Assists and supports Banquet Operations (Assistant) Mgr. in the (daily) responsibility of overall business performance within the Banquet Operations department;
- Maintains excellent interdepartmental communication and co-operation with other F&B outlets, kitchen, purchasing and stewarding which support the F&B Department goals / KPI's;
- Supervises and co-coordinates daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service;
- Ensuring that services meet client's specifications;
- Ensure quality of meeting room set-up. Ensure staff is briefed before the beginning of every event. Ensure rooms are turned around in time for next event;
- Sees to the cleanliness of all areas to be kept clean, before during and after an event;
- Active involvement in ensuring operational Meeting & Events policies and brand standards are being met/delivered;
- Provides quick service for last minute changes;
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and Plate / Buffet presentation;
- Readiness to explain plus recommend Food and Beverage menu/buffet items to both guests as well as employees;
- Monitors quality of service levels and suggest actions to further improve scores;
- Establish strong constructive relationships with temp agencies employees;
- Check employees attitude and appearance;
- Checks stock levels, order supplies and controls (maintains) china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment.
You are a team player, with a hands-on mentality, whom is passionate about Food & Beverage, is detail and service oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking, creative, enjoys a challenge, have a work hard/play hard attitude and can handle pressure. You enjoy creating ownership, and building strong relationships with your team and guests to ensure the maximum results.
- Minimum of 1 years' successful experience as Banquet Operations Supervisor or junior in a similar (international) 4 or 5 star hotel banqueting and/or catering environment;
- Relevant educational background;
- Knowledge of latest audio visual equipment, and international experience is an advantage;
- Has the drive, stress resilient and passion to make continuous changes and improvements;
- Service minded attitude, with a flexible hands-on approach;
- Flexible work attitude with regards to (morning and/or evening) shifts
- Proven capabilities to build colleague & guest loyalty/satisfaction;
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Capable to work with Excel / Word;
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch; in both verbal and in writing.
We are a member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according to the Dutch labor agreement. Benefits
- Full-time contract of 38 hours per week;
- This position is classified in scale 6 with a salary between the €2.100 - €2.550 gross per month according to the Horeca CAO.
- 25 vacation days per year;
- Pension fund;
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities;
- Travel allowance up to €150,- per month, based on the amount of km.
- Night allowance of 20% and Sunday allowance of 5%;
- Incentive program based on performance;
- Staff uniforms and laundry service;
- Staff meals;
- Discounts on Rooms and Food & Beverage within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts;
- Vitality program;
- Tax advantages on bikes and laptops;
- Employee recognition program;
- Various staff events.
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European Union state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.