Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Austin, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquets Bar Support - On Call
Banquets Bar Support- On Call
You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings make guests feel unique and valued.
Austin's newest luxury property, Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with over 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most innovative and passionate hotel teams in one of the fastest growing markets in the United States.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
Qualifications and skills include:
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions, menu items, and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit (CO2 lines, drain, etc.), tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Document and communicate any incidents/accidents immediately to management and Loss Prevention during shift or event.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people; location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms; all styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
Your team and working environment:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledgeable in beer, wine and liquors.
- Experience in high volume venues.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- TABC and Food Handlers certification required.
Fairmont Austin provides a unique a robust Food & Beverage operation. We are dynamic in the way we approach our service and work tirelessly to curate our offerings for the enjoyment of our local patrons while executing at the highest levels of service and hospitality Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS