Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquets Manager
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, the Banquets Manager is responsible for the fulfilling the client experience in our Hotel. The Banquets Manager will oversee a large team of talented individuals and will be responsible for managing and supervising Banquet events and employees.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Your experience and skills include:
- All areas of guest service and core standards
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of all colleagues in the Banquet.
- Ensuring all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the Banquet Department.
- Leading and coaching all colleagues and leaders in the banquet services department
- Overall recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring adequate staffing levels to satisfy guest needs.
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives
- Implementing meeting and conference service standards.
- Creating and implementing a preventative cleaning and maintenance program of all banqueting areas & equipment.
- Creating and implementing new processes and procedures to drive the department forward
- The overall financial success of the department, including day-to-day payroll control, planning yearly capital improvements and exercising control of fixed and variable expenses.
- Partner with Meetings and Events partners, along with various Meeting Planners to produce positive Voice of the Guest scores.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines that are established for each event.
- Work together with the Culinary & Stewarding team to ensure that all food service exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Work with the Stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met and all equipment is properly maintained.
- Finding creative solutions and proactively solving problems in order to meet a demanding client base.
- Creation and implementation of guest preference programs.
- Actively involved on a day-to-day basis with creative buffet décor and establishing new ideas.
- Work with the Incentives, Conventions and Events Department in order to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized.
- Maintain high level of professional appearance, demeanor and image of self / hotel
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience as a Banquets Leader within a 5 star hotel/resort
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Must exhibit command and presence on the floor
- Must have exceptional working relationships with Culinary, Stewarding, Event Services etc.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Wine & spirits knowledge and an understanding of Banquet Beverage is preferred
We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment. The Hotel has magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club has 120 luxurious appointed guest rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens and offers a unique blend of comfort. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS