Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Austin, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquets On Call Houseperson
Banquets On Call Houseperson
Passionate about everything Food & Beverage and putting a smile on our guests' faces? As Banquet Houseperson, you will have the perfect opportunity to touch the hearts of our guests by making their special occasions truly unforgettable.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Set up rooms & function areas in the hotel
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation
- Review assignment sheets with Banquet Houseman Lead; update completed assignments.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people; location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms; all styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards, and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up of table linens, skirting and tabletop items as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Coordinate deep cleaning of conference rooms.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures including safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and hotel requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including assisting other departments on an as-needed basis
Your team and working environment:
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Must be able to adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Must be able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to read instructions and follow cleaning schedules.
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs. and stand for long periods.
Austin's newest luxury property, Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with over 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the most innovative and passionate hotel teams in one of the fastest growing markets in the United States. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write, and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS