Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Bar Manager
Hotel Overview: Regarded as a Condé Nast Readers' Choice and Gold List hotel, and honoured with the Travel + Leisure distinction as a top Canadian hotel, the Fairmont Empress graces Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour with an iconic presence. This luxury hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, offers 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, and expansive meeting and wedding space adjacent to the Victoria Conference Centre. Located on the picturesque West Coast of Canada, this is the ideal location to explore all the natural beauty of Vancouver Island.
Built in 1908, Fairmont Empress recently underwent a $60M complete restoration, resulting in the addition of a new restaurant and bar, Q at the Empress. The hotel now boasts 464 fully restored guest rooms and suites, Lobby Lounge, reception lobby, function space, Willow Stream Spa, fitness center, and swimming pool.
Reporting to the Director, Food and Beverage, this position will provide leadership and direction in the award-winning Q Bar and Lounge. Your leadership ability infused with your passion for all things F&B will lead you to provide the highest quality service, continuous recognition of our services and products and ensure the top position in the region.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure optimal performance by being a presence on the floor to support and lead the team to deliver service excellence, and expertly served beverages
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the bar and lounge teams in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Assist in the recruiting and training of all bartenders
- Lead the development of the hotel's restaurant beverage program
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure that proper control, handling and storage is followed for all stock used
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Constantly drive innovation to be the "Hottest Place in Town"
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Must have minimum 1-2 years previous supervisory or management experience in Food & Beverage; preferably in a full service upscale hotel or upscale bar
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Service focused personality is essential and a passion for everything beverage
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities and demonstrates the ability to lead by example
- Wine knowledge at or above WSET Level 2 an asset
- Diploma or Degree in Hospitality/Hotel Administration an asset
- Must have valid Serving it Right Certification and FoodSafe Level One
- Schedule flexibility, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and all holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20+lbs and able to constantly stand and walk throughout shift
- Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Demonstrated passion for the Food and Beverage industry and knowledge of current trends
- Previous Point of Sale System experience required
- Previous Mixology and cocktail creation experience required
- Demonstrated beer and wine knowledge
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Previous union experience is an asset
- Highly creative and innovative when it comes to creating trends
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/