Job Description For Barback, The Bar at Century Plaza
Fairmont Century Plaza
Barback, The Bar at Century Plaza
You represent Fairmont Century Plaza with enthusiasm and pride, providing exceptional service and attention for each guest you encounter. You are energetic and confident, and will encourage your teammates to achieve and be positive while being entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the best possible experience for your guests at all times in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner. As Barback, you will prepare beverages for guests and servers following recipes and guidelines for preparation, presentation and accountability in a cost efficient manner. Simultaneously you will ensure compliance with all liquor laws in the preparation, serving and consumption of alcoholic beverages
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
Your experience and skills include:
- Exceed guest expectations by interacting in a way that makes them feel special through proper and friendly service.
- Assist the bartenders with all steps of service to help prioritize the guest experience Be pro-active by assisting co-workers, support and assist Managers
- Work directly with the prep team and bar team to ensure that the bar is prepared to service standards and stocking and breaking down the bar for service
- Be an ambassador for the department, the property and the brand and maintain accountability, both personal and financial
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of bar prep area and bar, control cost and waste
- Maintain knowledge of the bar menu and drink menu.
- Be proficient with all aspects and services of the property and familiar with all food outlets and amenities within the property, and be knowledgeable of general city information as well as hotel history
- Able to help with creating syrups and batches for our house cocktails.
Your team and working environment:
- Previous experience in customer service and experience as barback in a high-volume luxury environment required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team and independently with the ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment. Visa Requirements:
Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS