Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Bartender
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- As a Bartender, your warm, attentive guest service and passion for mixology will create a memorable experience for our guests. You will ensure all guests receive exceptional service by consistently offering professional, friendly, warm, and engaging service and you will be responsible for the bar preparation, inventory, and the creation of new menu ideas.
What is in it for you:
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Winnipeg and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the open and close function of the bar.
- Maintain inventory and security of products.
- Assist on the floor where required.
- Ensure all guest requests for service are filled in a timely efficient manner with a focus on exceeding our guests' expectations at all times.
- Ensure exceptional service to clients with strong sales skills to increase average cheque.
- Provide guests with a memorable experience in our lounge.
- Beverage inventory and ordering.
- Stocking, cleaning, and maintaining the bar.
- Responsible for up-selling.
- Ensure all bills are handled in an accurate manner.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and ensure safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to the hotel's environmental policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all allergy policies.
- Demonstrate Service Promise Standards and Values.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous serving or bartending experience in a high volume, fine dining/upscale restaurant or lounge required, 2-3 years minimum.
- Strong wine knowledge and excellent working knowledge of specialty spirits, wines, and beers required.
- Certification in F&B or Wine Stewarding an asset.
- Good comfort level with F&B POS system.
- "Smart Choices" responsible liquor service certification required.
- Strong classic cocktails knowledge.
- Ability to create craft cocktails is an asset.
- Service oriented, team player, flexible in high paced environment and able to handle pressure with grace.
- Must be able to complete all physical aspects of the job without restriction, i.e. Lift 25+ lbs at a time, stand and walk for up to 8 hours.
- Fluency in a second language an asset.
- Very good knowledge of preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and/or holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Located right in the heart of the city
- 340 guestrooms and suites
- 13 meeting rooms and over 20,000 square feet of spacious, elegant function space
- One Lobby Level dining room and lounge
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS