Job Description For Bartender, Library Bar (Part Time)
Fairmont Royal York
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun.
- Act as a personal representative of Fairmont Royal York
- Full knowledge of the menu, beverage lists (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and all other special promotions taking place in the venue
- Understand the concept, hours of operation of the restaurant/bar and all other hotel offerings
- Prepare all beverages according to guest requests as well as all co-workers needs
- Provide guests with the highest level of service by consistently offering personalized, friendly and efficient service while assisting them with their menu inquiries
- Assist guests with selections and suggest wines that accompany meals
- Ensure that all guests leave happy and satisfied with the service and overall dining experience
- Take necessary steps when serving dissatisfied guests, ensuring the guest leaves happy
- Continuously up-selling
- Full understanding of all the equipment used in the outlet, including P.O. S. system. To be able to confidently use the Silverware system including closing, opening and modifying guest checks
- Maintain teamwork and good work ethics with all guests (internal and external), by assisting co-workers with any duties, but without compromising the experience of any guests' dining experience
- Record and fill all daily requisitions efficiently to maintain sufficient stock for each shift/day and to complete month end inventory
- Balance all daily transactions and remitting according to the policies and procedures
- Read and understood all hotel policies and procedures, rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook
- Adhere to alcohol handling policy procedures
- Understand the hotel's recycling program and procedures
- Punctually report to duty in order to maintain the integrity of co-workers and guests
- Attend pre-shift briefings, weekly and monthly meetings to ensure open lines of communication between all employees
- Aware of safety and sanitation when handling beverages and the equipment used in preparation of the beverages
- Immediately report any accident that happens to a guest, a co-worker or yourself to your manager
- Express concerns, suggestions or comments on how to improve the guests experience or to improve the operation as a whole
- Previous work experience in a restaurant/food and beverage setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Excellent cocktail and mixology knowledge required
- Intermediate bartending etiquette and technical skills
- Smart Serve training program certification required
- Must be age of majority to serve alcoholic beverages
- Cash handling abilities
- Previous bartending experience in a Luxury hotel and/or bar
- Bartending and/or Mixology certificate an asset
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!What is in it for you:
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESSNote:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position