Job Description For Bell Person (part time)
Fairmont Royal York
Bell Person (part time)
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As an Emerging Leader, you will lead yourself through: positive orientation, self-development, self-management and problem solving. You will lead others through: leading by example, engaging with the teams, developing others and communicating effectively. You will lead the business through being guest-focused and aware of the business and identifying areas of improvement.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
You are the Ambassador of our Hotel, often providing both the first and last impression to our guests. As such your goal is to provide the highest caliber of guest service to the hotel guest on both arrival and departure as well throughout the length of the guests stay. In this role, you should possess the desire to be in the spotlight and thrive knowing that the general public will constantly look to you for both a warm greeting and ability to offer assistance.
Your experience and skills include:
- To report for duty on time with a professional appearance and clean appropriate uniform and PPE with all the tools needed to start your shift
- Greet all guests with a smile and an appropriate hospitality greeting - "Welcome to the Fairmont Royal York"
- To be positioned at the Bell Desk at all times to provide or arrange assistance with guest luggage upon arrival and departure
- Answer telephone inquiries promptly
- Strict adherence to both Fairmont and LQA Service Standard expectations and knowledge of Accor's ALLSAFE program
- Awareness and Acknowledgement of our AccorLiveLimitless Members
- When requested or anticipated will provide guests with information and answers to questions about Hotel facilities such as; meeting facilities, dining options, local visitor and tourist attractions, and transportation information. If unable to provide the required assistance, refer to another resource for successful completion
- Maintain communication and favorable working relationships with all employees
- Know the check in and check out procedures
- Once in guest rooms, provide information on hotel facilities, meeting functions, dining facilities, local transportation alternatives, and local visitor and tourist attractions
- Assist in fire alarms by fulfilling duties as outlined in the Hotel fire response manual
- Assist in ensuring guest and co-worker safety and security by reporting any suspicious or unusual behavior to AGSM/GSM and hotel security services.
- Know the outlet hours
- Room changes and other miscellaneous services as requested by the Bell Captain on duty in a timely manner
- Conduct designated deliveries to guestrooms: messages, facsimiles, parcels, packages, envelopes, newspapers, shoes, keys, and/or other items requested
- Provide luggage storage for guests in one of our three storage areas
Physical Aspects of Position (included but not limited to):
- Service focused personality is essential; customer service experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Available to work weekends, evenings and shift work
- Excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Previous Guest Services Experience an asset
- Thrives under pressure
- Professional manner and warm, outgoing personality
- Good Command of the English language
- You possess the ability to anticipate the guests needs, approaching them with the offer of assistance before they approach you
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click here . Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS