Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Botanist Bartender, Casual
Botanist Bartender, Casual
Do great things with great people and come be a part of our story.
Make something incredible. Your future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Fairmont Pacific Rim. Be a part of a progressive hotel that embraces the culture and vibrancy of Canada's most beautiful city - Vancouver. Distinctly West Coast, the hotel delivers unique experiences through creativity, artistry, and elevated hospitality, while remaining at the forefront of elevating the art, music and fashion programming in the city.
With a bar, dining room, lush garden and champagne lounge, Botanist is the newest addition to Vancouver's vibrant culinary scene filled with wonderment and charm. If you love food, drink and engaging with people we'd love to hear from you.
Do you have what it takes to be our new Bartender?
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Supervisors and Managers, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Offer genuine sense of hospitality at each point of guest contact
- Entice guests with your passion of craft cocktails and spirits providing a fun and engaging bar/lounge experience
- Greet and acknowledge all guests seating in lounge area, creating tailored lounge experiences by having strong product knowledge, accurately handling food and drink orders and assist with any guest needs
- Consistently put forward a professional, friendly and engaging service adhering to FORBES 5 Star Bar Standards
- Provide support to the Bar team by way of completing assigned side duties, resetting work area, running food orders and taking food and drink orders at the bar
- Perform daily duties in preparation of service including ordering, replenishing, stocking, pre-batching
- Responsible to ensure the maintenance of the bar maintaining work space, cleaning guest areas, and setting up pre/post service periods
- Prepare drinks at the highest quality following proper measurements and recipes
- Maintain strong and trend forward knowledge of all food and beverage menus, menu ingredients, and our guest preferences
- Follow standards of conduct, safety, sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Must have a passion for all things hospitality
- Must have BC Serving It Right Certificate.
- Previous experience on P.O.S. system (Squirrel, Micros, Silverware) is an asset.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, luxury food & beverage environment, in a 4-5 Diamond AAA/CAA or Forbes 5 Star hotel would be an asset.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be energetic, reliable and punctual.
- Must have the ability to work cohesively as a team.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS