We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : London/United Kingdom
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 02 Mar 2022
Job Role : Commis Chef
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ66744
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-03-30
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Novotel London West
As a breakfast chef you would be responsible to prepare and deliver to breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant.
Also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen daily and take full responsibility and accountability for the Breakfast Shift. Additionally ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented.
Duties and responsibilities
* Take control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
* Cooking and managing breakfast service and assisting with lunch service.
* Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast.
* Ensure the kitchen is always kept clean and hygienic.
* Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
* Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
* Ensure all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
* Ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up to date.
* Ensure any anticipated issues are communicated promptly to the Head Chef.
* Ensure all staff under your control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
* Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
* Collect feedback from the guest during the breakfast session and report to Head chef on any complaints or issues.
* Monitor and ensuring that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are always of the highest quality.
* Personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene.
* Assist with producing menus and new dishes.
* Able to prepare different type of breakfast preparations.
* Liaise with sous chefs regarding daily raw materials for breakfast
* Adhere to Health & Safety policies and regulations.
* Have a good knowledge on health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation.
* Able to handle pressure calmly and professionally.
* Passion for cooking
* Friendly outgoing personality along with excellent personal presentation.
* Passionate about producing high quality food.
* Able to tackle every task given to you with the highest levels of enthusiasm.
* Be an excellent team player
2 to 3 years of experience is full service or branded hotels. Relevant experience gained in a similar environment is desirable.
-Good work-life balance
-Access to Accor Hotels UK discounts & benefits
-Career opportunities within the UK, Europe & Internationally
Many, many more