Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Butler (Russian Speaker)
Raffles The Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide an endlessly enchanting experience to all the in house residents through the Raffles personal touch.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Ensures all the residents receive prompt and courteous service.
- Informs Senior Butlers of matters concerning to butler operations, who in turn, will liaise with Head Butler with regards to these matters.
- Cleans and maintains all butler areas including occupied / non-occupied rooms, pantries, stores, equipments, perishables, stationary, etc.
- Checks the expiry dates of all perishables and practices optimum usage of recourses.
- Liaises with In-room dining and checks on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly.
- Maintains appearance, discipline and efficiency at all times and understands that necessary action will be taken when found lacking in any of the above.
- Ensures that consumption of resident supply is under control
- Delivers the Raffles touch by exceeding the resident's expectations and providing pro active personalized service.
- Practices up-selling of the hotel products and facilities.
- Adhere to the core values and the Brand dimension of Raffles The Palm
- Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted regularly and the profiles are updated.
- Provide long staying residents / Special attention residents / occasion celebrating residents with greater importance and take good care of them.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team / Senior Butler / Head butler.
- Takes regular inventories of all items within the jurisdiction of butlers and informs the supervisor for any fresh stocks required.
- Attends daily briefing and notes all information about the residents and functions
- in the hotel
- Creates an environment which is congenial and ensures all team members are treated equally and with respect.
- Fully aware of Raffles standards.
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensure the upkeep of all resident rooms and reports any maintenance faults / anything abnormal, to the supervisor immediately.
- Respects guest privacy and does not discuss any private information with other colleagues.
- Ensures all unattended valuables and belongings inside resident rooms are noted and supervisor is informed about the same.
- Reports any lost found to the supervisor and the HK coordinator immediately and deposits the same within half an hour in the HK office.
- Maintains all reports and records as per the directives of the Senior Butler / Head Butler and respects the deadlines
- Takes initiative and provides all residents with pro active and personalized service
- Provides the third service to all residents and ensure all rooms / suites are tidied up after residents leave their room.
- Provides prompt laundry service, shoe shine service and ensures that special preferences of all residents are taken into consideration.
- Checks all items (Amenities, laundry, etc) before delivering to the residents.
- Provide balcony dinners and creates secret spaces for guests privacy and romance by thoughtful and caring service
- Offers various facilities and services in order to enable residents to enjoy their stay to the fullest
- Does not intrude into the private space of residents more than what is necessary.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good English language verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum two year's experience as a butler.