Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Butler
Position : Butler
Department : Butler Service
Reports to : Head Butler / Senior Butler
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide an endlessly enchanting experience to all the in house residents through the raffles personal touch .
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Ensures all the residents receive prompt and courteous service.
- Informs Senior Butlers of matters concerning to butler operations, who in turn, will liaise with Head Butler with regards to these matters.
- Cleans and maintains all butler areas including occupied / non-occupied rooms, pantries, stores, equipments, perishables, stationary, etc.
- Checks the expiry dates of all perishables and practices optimum usage of recourses.
- Liaises with In-room dining and checks on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly.
- Maintains appearance, discipline and efficiency at all times and understands that necessary action will be taken when found lacking in any of the above.
- Ensures that consumption of resident supply is under control
- Delivers the Raffles touch by exceeding the resident's expectations and providing pro active personalized service.
- Practices up-selling of the hotel products and facilities.
- Adhere to the core values and the Brand dimension of Raffles Dubai
- Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted regularly and the profiles are updated.
- Provide long staying residents / Special attention residents / occasion celebrating residents with greater importance and take good care of them.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team / Senior Butler / Head butler.
- Takes regular inventories of all items within the jurisdiction of butlers and informs the supervisor for any fresh stocks required.
- Attends daily briefing and notes all information about the residents and functions
- in the hotel
- Creates an environment which is congenial and ensures all team members are treated equally and with respect.
- Fully aware of Raffles Hotels & Resorts standard.
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensure the upkeep of all resident rooms and reports any maintenance faults / anything abnormal, to the supervisor immediately.
- Respects guest privacy and does not discuss any private information with other colleagues.
- Ensures all unattended valuables and belongings inside resident rooms are noted and supervisor is informed about the same.
- Reports any lost found to the supervisor and the HK coordinator immediately and deposits the same within half an hour in the HK office.
- Maintains all reports and records as per the directives of the Senior Butler / Head Butler and respects the deadlines
- Takes initiative and provides all residents with pro active and personalized service
- Provides the third service to all residents and ensure all rooms / suites are tidied up after residents leave their room.
- Provides prompt laundry service, shoe shine service and ensures that special preferences of all residents are taken into consideration.
- Checks all items (Amenities, laundry, etc) before delivering to the residents.
- Provide balcony dinners and creates secret spaces for guests privacy and romance by thoughtful and caring service
- Offers various facilities and services in order to enable residents to enjoy their stay to the fullest
- Does not intrude into the private space of residents more than what is necessary.
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good English language verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum two year's experience as a butler.