Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
New York, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Butler
The Plaza - A Fairmont Managed Hotel
The Plaza Butler sees to all the personal needs of our hotel guests. From the time the guest arrives, to the Plaza, to the time they depart the Butlers will make sure that the guest needs and requests are fulfilled. The expectation is that the butler will move beyond service to creating extra-special moments or memories for our guests.
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills and be able to maintain excellent professional presentation and grooming. He or she must also possess strong reading and writing skills. The use of the computer, including Microsoft Office products, PMS system, spa booking system and CRM system will be necessary. Prior knowledge of these systems are not necessary, but a definite plus. A minimum of two years prior experience in related hospitality fields is necessary, and prior formalized training as a butler is highly regarded. All standard work cards are required.
- Arrange, record, deliver, and charge all special requests for arriving guests.
- Greet guest at specified room/s, touring guests through any elements that are new to them in their suite and present keys.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the Plaza standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, outlined by Plaza grooming policy.
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel / department meeting and committees.
- Comply , at all times, with the Plaza standards to encourage safe and efficient hotel operation.
- Be able to operate and help guests with In Room IT equipments such as, AMX console, safe, DVD player, pr i vate bar, room key, and light fixtures in the guest room.
- Offer personalized services, including packing/unpacking and organization of guest belongings, cloth pressing, laundry management, shoe shining, and description of room amenities.
- Be able to perform a variety of guest requests and think creatively when called upon in order to establish a memorable experience for every guest.
- Create extra-special moments for guest at every opportunity, including recognizing and celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Monitor guest activity while at the hotel, including being on call for any special requests of last minute needs.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of all menus, outlets, and on-site amenities and communicate these to the guests when asked, so they engage in those activities.
- Inspect all guest rooms prior to guest arrival, and during guests' stay to ensure their excellence.
- See to any secretarial needs of guests, such as faxing, copying, printing, courier services, etc.
- Present folio to the guest upon departure. Research and have desk clarify any misunderstandings with regards to guest folio.
- Assist guests with luggage, transportation arrangements and bookings, and bid them farewell.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for the White board, Log Book, computerized Guest Profile upkeep, and Food Orders, etc.
- Maintain a well-stocked pantry so all items needed per Standard Operating Procedures are at hand in sufficient numbers
- Operate on the basis that service to and the pleasure of the guests is the highest priority.
- Demonstrate an ability to operate seamlessly with all departments and work well as a team member within the department.
- Inspect guest private bars and upkeep.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand guests' service needs and continue to interact with aplomb, even with guests displaying high expectations.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, and special dates for your guest.
- Conduct oneself in a discreet manner when in guest areas.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside ones department when called upon.
- Preparation of luxury bath.
- Other duties as required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS