Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Butler Supervisor
Position : Butler Supervisor
Department : Butler Service
Reports to : Guest Relations Manager _ _________________________________________________________________________________
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure operational efficiency of all Butler Service areas during shift and the service delivery of those areas.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has full awareness, supervises all tasks of his/her staff.
- Directs the work assignment of all non-supervisory personnel
- Monitors butlers to ensure residents receive prompt and courteous service
- Informs Guest Relations Manager of matters concerning to Butlers operations, who, in turn, will liaise with all the relevant departments
- Performs routine inspections of all butler areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms, pantries, stores, equipment's, perishables, stationary, etc.
- Inspects resident rooms and pantries on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
- Ensures that consumption of resident supplies is under control, Conducts inventories and stock taking of all items within the jurisdiction of Butlers and is responsible for the ordering of new stocks
- Assists in monitoring and controlling relevant procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and residents
- Ensure that up selling is optimized and hotel products and facilities are utilized to the utmost by all residents
- Ensures that butlers receive appreciation for their efforts in the form of regular feedback and recognition
- Ensures that the team adheres to the core values and the brand dimension of Raffles Dubai and Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted on a daily basis and profiles are updated
- Ensures that long staying residents/ special attention residents/ occasion celebrating residents are given greater importance and are taken care of exclusively
- Conducts regular trainings and role plays to ensure all trainings are understood by the team
- Conducts daily briefings and inform all members of staff about the VIP residents, functions in the hotel and city events
- Fully aware of Raffles Hotels & Resorts standards
- Ensures that third service is provided to all rooms/ suites and appraises the Guest Relations Manager about the same
- Liaise with other departments and necessary outside contracts to ensure excellent service delivery
- Liaise closely with Concierge, Butler and Raffles Inc for Hotel events, restaurant promotions, Limousine requirements and special VIP requests or preparations.
- Participates in regular meetings for all Guest Relations team member, Butler and Raffles Inc. to facilitate communications and smooth operations.
- Is fully aware of the Credit policy
- Has full knowledge of Raffles standards
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
Perform such functions as to include but not be limited to:
Human Resource and Training Responsibilities
- Regular and VIP guest to be met
- Liaise closely with guest relations supervisor on all guest related preferences and status and prepare requisitions for amenities on a timely basis.
- Attending to special requests by guests
- Handle guest complaints and refer them as necessary, follows up on corrective action
- Assist in planning and executing the minibar arrangements and stocks and refer to GRM as necessary
- Review arrival lists for all arrivals and VIPs to check room allocations, amenities, and special requests
- Ensures the entire range of services offered with the aim to maximum guest satisfaction
(for those incumbents with staff responsibilities)
- Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
- Ensures training needs analysis of Butler staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department's budget. Duties include:
- Assists in coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget
- Controls and monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.