Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Butler Supervisor
The Butler Supervisor is responsible in overseeing the daily operations of the Butler team, filled with purpose in actions to contribute and deliver experiences that are astounding and superlative. This position organises all tasks of Butlers, guides and inspires the Butlers through examples, innovative-thinker, embodies a strong sense of leadership, communicator who creates an atmosphere that is positive for both the team and residents.
Executes core tasks
- Appoints shift in-charged in running of daily operations, provides strong supervision and supports floor Butlers to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Inspects all VIP arrival suites, conducts check on in-house suites, engages resident and ensures presence at departure.
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections between Butlers and residents.
- Carries out managerial duties and any other duties as and when assigned by the management of the hotel and department together with or in the absence of the Head Butler and Assistant Head Butler.
- Ensures close cooperation with the In-Suite dining team to provide a seamless in-suite dining experience.
Supervises the Butler team
- Designates department trainer, proactively identifies training needs and schedules consistent trainings in multi-aspect that builds Butlers' confidence.
- Monitors performances and provides timely feedback for improvements.
- Takes ownership of individual's growth and identify short to long-term goals to achieve and ensures high colleague engagement and welfare.
- Executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management as set by management and cooperates with the Lobby Operations team in promoting inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
Improves quality of product and services
- Addresses any security incidents and resident complaints to the Assistant Head Butler and Head Butler and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures residents receive the experience as detailed brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Singapore Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures and ensures all direct reports and peers are trained in and follow WSH guidelines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Degree from School for Tourism and Hotel Management.
- Minimum 3 years' Butler or relevant experience with at least 1 year at a supervision level.
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to speak other language and / or basic understanding of other languages an advantage.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skill.
- Ascertains and effectively address guest / colleagues needs.
- Ability to contribute in team, work punctually and effectively.
- Leads team, trains and motivates individuals, creates and maintains a cohesive team.
- Services oriented with an eye for details and approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, and exercises good judgment.
- Prioritises and organises work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and energetic and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Creative and experiential focus.
- Possesses good local market knowledge.
- Understand international luxury travellers and their needs.