Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cafeteria Attendant
Fairmont Banff Springs
We are looking for motivated self-starters to come join our team at Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in our Staff Cafeteria "The Bean". Develop your skills as you interact daily with colleagues and leaders and open the door to endless opportunities with a luxury hotel brand whether you are looking for a future career in Culinary or in Guest Services within Food & Beverage.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $16.83 per hour. Full rate after one year is $18.72 per hour.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Subsidized staff housing for full time status walking distance from the hotel
- Daily duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf and early bird specials for ski hills with option for payroll deduction
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Assisting Chef and culinary team with light preparation duties in the kitchen
- Be knowledgeable of all areas in the staff cafeteria.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communicate with all cooks daily for proper pars and production requirements when needed.
- Fill and maintain the prep list up to par, check daily.
- Restock clean dishes, flatware and trays.
- Replenish condiments and food items in the salad bar
- Clean and sanitize all high touch point surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors
- Adhere to and follow ALLSAFE protocols for the entire workspace
- Other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum 6 months' food and beverage experience
- Able to lift, carry and pull up to 50lbs and able to constantly stand and walk throughout shift
- Able to withstand exposure to kitchen equipment includes large and small ovens, stoves, steam kettles, mixers, sheeter, fryers, rational ovens, steamers, tilt skillets, fridges and freezers as well as blast freezers
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have excellent interpersonal/communication skills, are polite, friendly and outgoing
- Are dedicated to a high level of customer service and attention to detail
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/. Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS APPLY TODAY:
For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com