Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
San Diego/United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Catering Coordinator
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects.
What is in it for you:
Your experience and skills include:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the CCS office is kept organized and clean at all times
- Collect mail daily from CCS box for distribution
- Establish and maintain all departmental filing and trace system
- Answer all incoming calls within three rings with proper greeting and telephone etiquette
- Handle general Catering inquiries as designated by or when CCS Managers are not available. All necessary information including contact details and requirements from the client should be obtained on an "Inquiry Sheet."
- Conduct site inspections and provide general CCS sales information to walk-in clients as designated by or when CCs Managers are not available
- Set up and maintain the Departmental Manual to ensure all information is kept-up-to-date both electronically and in hard copies
- Update Banquet Menus, Beverage and Wine Lists as and when changes have been made
- Establish and upkeep all standardized forms and letters including merge documents in Delphi as well as in the appropriate shared electronic subject folders
- Handle all internal meetings including inputting booking in Delphi, detailing set up, F&B and/or other pertinent arrangements on a BEO for distribution to all departments concerned
- Prepare and email the daily listings of events for the following day to all internal departments
- Prepare and email the Catering 10-day Listing of Events weekly by time on day of the week as determined by the hotel
- Maintain control and up-keeping of the "BEO Bible" to ensure all changes are updated and that the "Bible" remains in the designated location within the CCS Office at all times
- Prepare and distribute completed BEO's timely to all departments concerned
- Maintain/order office supplies and sales collaterals to ensure that the CCS Office is adequately equipped with everything necessary to meet customer needs and its day-to-day operation
- Ensure the Captain's Reports or Banquet Log Book previous day's functions are sent to the Department Head and CCSMs for review every morning
- Ensure signed banquet check/invoices for previous day's functions are distributed by Banquet Operation every morning to the respecting CCSMs for review for accuracy of charges
- Make sure that all Catering and group files are closed properly with copies of al the necessary documentation including signed invoices, completed Post-Con survey, etc. for future reference, and are kept in the appropriate designated locations
- Attend and take minutes of departmental meetings and other meetings as designated
- Ensure weekly CCS work schedules are completed and distributed times to all departments concerned
- Attend to the Meeting/Event Planner for any last minute requests or changes on site as designated or when CCSMs are not available
- Train new CCS team members on Delphi basics, BEOs, menus, reports, and merge documents
Your team and working environment:
- High School diploma or equivalent, or any combination of education and training preferable within the areas of Hotel Sales, Catering & Conference Services or Food and Beverage
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience with one year of Sales, Catering & Conference Services or Food and Beverage service experience in the hospitality industry
- Proficient in computer programs, Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Organizational and communication skills are required
- Prior catering experience is required
- Knowledge of Hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Basic mathematical and calculating skills
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly with clients, co-workers, and vendors
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written in English.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to communicate to customers in a professional, business-like manner
- Able to effectively operate computer and related software, printer, copy machine, typewrite, fax machine, adding machine, and other general business office equipment
- Other language skills than English are helpful
- Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation. Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fussing old world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, acclaimed dining, and championship golf course.
- Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS