Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Catering Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Catering Sales Manager
Novotel Kolkata - Hotel & Residences
Key Responsibilities Event Planning
- To plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of Events to ensure successful events.
- Co-ordinate all operations of the Events to ensure excellent customer service and to provide outstanding technical expertise.
- Ensure that all Events are well managed and meet client's expectations.
- Motivate and develop staff to ensure smooth functioning of the department and promote teamwork.
- Conduct pre-planning meetings to develop timeline, product lists, attendee lists, theme and all logistical needs.
- Establish and maintain seamless co-ordination & co-operation with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum cooperation, productivity, morale and guest service.
- Work with internal/external representatives from different functions for executing Events.
- Provide effective support to the team to enable them to provide a range of effective and efficient services.
- Respond to customer queries by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the team has been trained for all safety provisions.
- Identify optimal, cost effective use of the resources and educate the team on the same.
- Maintain and update corporate database, entering delegate bookings to ensure delegate information/ records are kept up to date and accurate for future events.
- Conduct periodic and annual inventory of equipment & recommend replacement of equipment as required.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained and agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems.
- Responsible for managing the accounts of all the events.
- Coordinate operations with area Coordinators, Team Leaders and other Departmental Managers to ensure operational readiness, efficiency in resource utilization, and the prompt delivery of services.
- Manage on-site services which include logistics like meeting room layouts, transportation, accommodations, catering etc.,.
- Provide on site logistical support as and when required to maintain the organization's reputation and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with external vendors to ensure effective & prompt services.
- Maintain analysis and written summaries evaluating Events success
- Safety regulations and fire regulations are enforced.
- Plan, coordinate arrangements for assigned Events with the help of subcontractors like decorating companies, electrical staff, audio-visual companies, food and beverage contractor etc to ensure success of the Events.
- Serve as on-site contact person for the Events and also assist the clients during Events to handle any unexpected changes, requests, or unusual circumstances that may arise.