Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Chef de Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chef De Partie
Chef De Partie
Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. The food you prepare, cook and serve makes our guests smile and wanting more.
With 200 bedrooms and a 90 seat restaurant; with street frontage along a busy Wellington street, Ibis Wellington is looking for someone who with a "hands on" approach to ensure a smooth running of this operation.
This role is for someone who has an absolute passion for Food and can excite that passion in their team.
Main Purpose of the Job
To ensure that food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are carried out according to established recipes and procedures. To implement safe food techniques in line with current Health and Hygiene regulations. To present consistent and quality menu / buffet food items and dishes.
What is in it for you:
- Staff celebration & tenure recognition
- Heartist Referral Benefit
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
- Organise each food service so that it runs efficiently and productively.
- Liaise with Executive Chef and Sous Chef keeping lines of communication open between food and beverage production and service areas of the hotel.
- Coordinate food production and kitchen brigade to met food preparation and service requirements.
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
- Prepare and cook all food orders with a sense of urgency.
- Check all food is stored and handled as per current food health and hygiene regulations.
- Ensure that work area, equipment and section is kept clean at all times, in accordance with current health and hygiene regulations
- Monitor daily kitchen food and product requirements and advise Executive Chef of these well in advance.
- Monitor food preparation and wastage costs control these by following efficient preparation methods and standard recipes.
- Any other reasonable request as required by Hotel Management.
Health & Safety
- Establish on-going On Job Training within the department to meet brand and service standards. Use department procedure manuals as a base for all service procedures and training.
- Induct new staff into the team, department and hotel in the first week of their employment using the orientation checklist.
- Openly communicate with staff ensuring regular briefings occur with all relevant information passed onto staff.
- Delegate duties so all aspects of the shift are covered, ensure concise handover to the next shift.
- Manage staff within guidelines outlined in the Accor Employee handbook and Hotel fact-sheet.
- Suggest any improvements that could be made to improve existing service or procedures, log and inform the Department Manager of any service or system problems.
- Ensure employees attend training programmes and meetings to constantly improve skills and knowledge.
- Do not divulge any Hotel or guest information either during or after employment with the company.
- Strive to implement the Accor Asia Pacific Service Vision and demonstrate active use of the Accor Values.
- Take all practicable steps to maintain a safe work environment following Accor Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedure.
- Ensure department staff understand departmental fire emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all hazards are recorded, investigated controls identified, reviewed and reported to the OSH committee, via the department OSH committee. Report faulty equipment and record.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment provided, including industry approved footwear and head covering.
- Provide appropriate protective clothing and equipment to employees who are trained in its use.
- Report all workplace accidents and incidents accurately and promptly on the prescribed form, investigate, take corrective action and rehabilitate injured workers.
- Train and supervise new and transferring staff to perform work tasks in a safe manner.
- Ensure site visitor / contractor entry procedures are followed.
- Actively participate in Accor environmental initiatives.
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- Certificate in Cookery
- Flexibility to work across a 7 day roster (morning and evening shifts)
- PASSION for delivering an outstanding culinary experience
- PASSION for quality and presentation
- Relevant experience and qualifications
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
- You will have a passion for cooking and providing high quality food that Ibis Wellington is renowned.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS