Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Chef de Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chef de Partie
Safari Court Managed By Accor
Chef de Partie
Scope of position:
What is in it for you:
- Having completed and apprenticeship and/or achieved trade recognition a Chef De Partie works as part of the kitchen team. Engaged in cooking, baking, pastry cooking or butchering duties.
- This position involves food preparation and presentation with flair for breakfast, lunch and dinner for A la Carte, room service, functions and buffet service.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment whilst ensuring a product of high quality and presentation standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service for internal and external customers.
- Joining an innovative environment that supports the development and investment of its colleagues
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your team and working environment:
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage. Have stock control procedures implemented and maintained.
- Order necessary foods according to proposed business demands. Consult with Executive Sous Chef/Head Chef/Executive Chef for guidance and authorisation of order.
- Liaise with Restaurant employees regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
- Work with and co-ordinate the work of apprentices in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare and ensures availability of mis en place as required.
- Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Promote Health and Safety at all times ensuring proper hygiene as per municipality requirements, local regulations and brand standards
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers
- Minimize wastage/ spoilage
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
- Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Strives to maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
- Strives to improve TrustYou results for Food Quality
- Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality
- Assign and follow - up tasks as dictated by business volumes
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy. Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned. Report any problems to the Executive Chef.
- Assist and liaise with chef on duty as required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- At Accor, we are Heartists! Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists
- Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other.
- We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS