Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Chef de Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chef de Partie
Chef De Partie
Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. The Chef de Partie position at Fairmont Winnipeg is focused as a junior supervisor on their shift's delivery of high-quality food to guests in either the Outlet Kitchen or the Banquet Kitchen. The Chef de Partie demonstrates a highly professional skill level in a wide variety of culinary areas. The Chef de Partie will act as a shift leader and will be tasked to use their initiative, culinary skill, and experience to solve problems, ensure guest satisfaction, and produce exceptional cuisine.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Competitive benefits package
- Eligibility to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Winnipeg and over 5,000 properties with Accor
- Discounts on food & beverage
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Promote Health & Safety in the workplace and ensures all local health regulations are met. Ensure staff is using the highest standard of Food Safety procedures as set out by Sous Chefs and the Executive Chef.
- Ensure the Kitchens are clean and organized.
- Act as an example of Fairmont values to colleagues; Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Empowerment.
- Be an example of Hotel and Service Promise Standards in interactions with guests and heart of house colleagues.
- Produce highly quality food items and show initiative and the ability to be highly productive with food preparation independently or in a team. Be self-motivated and quality-driven.
- Ensure that Culinary staff are following established procedures for food production and are maintaining quality standards set by Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
- Answers questions and concerns for culinary colleagues and assists with their time management and skill development.
- Run the shift, organize a work plan and assign work to colleagues. Prepare detailed prep lists for the work week and brief colleagues on those lists.
- Ensure Menu Item Worksheets with accurate ingredient lists, preparation methods, and pictures for all menu items are being followed. Assists Sous Chefs in the development of these worksheets.
- Ensure that proper food rotation practices are in place and food wastage is minimized by proper food storage procedures.
- Ensure fridge temperatures are recorded.
- Liaise with Sous Chefs to ensure schedules are meeting productivity guidelines and proper coverage for meal periods as assured. Work within the department budget, and minimize labour costs.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Sous Chefs any food or equipment items that need to be ordered. Assist with monthly Inventory Cycle.
- Assist the Colleague experience through proper training of new staff, providing positive and negative feedback appropriately, and recognizing outstanding performance.
- Liaise with Outlet & Banquet Managers to plan for smooth operations and event execution.
- Attend 2 pm Catering meeting and communicate changes as necessary.
- Supervise outside caters when necessary.
- Ensure that food for the Staff Cantina is of high quality and cost-effective.
- Ensure that the kitchen is operating in a manner consistent with the programs of Planet 21.
Your team and working environment:
- 5 years of progressive, diversified experience within a 4 Diamond Hotel property.
- Experience in a 4 Diamond Restaurant or high volume Banquet kitchen is an asset.
- Must possess an InterProvincial Red Seal Certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work various shifts depending on business demand.
- Flexibility to work Outlets, Banquets, Pastry, Cold & Hot sections.
- An energetic team player able to multi-task successfully.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and enjoy leading a shift of culinary staff in a dynamic, multi-event environment.
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Located right in the heart of the city
- 340 guestrooms and suites
- 13 meeting rooms and over 20,000 square feet of spacious, elegant function space
- One Lobby Level dining room and lounge
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS