Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
22 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Château Laurier
Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is looking to fill a role of Chef Tournant.
The Chef Tournant will be responsible for leading the shift and ensuring the consistency and quality of the culinary program while expediting food and coordinating with the front of house staff to ensure a smooth service. This unique roll is an excellent step toward a Sous Chef position and would primarily work four, ten hour days.
Reporting to the Executive Sous-Chef, the Chef Tournant will be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain the highest culinary standards in cooperation with the Executive Chef and Sous-Chef.
- Ensure food quality and timeliness of food preparation is always optimized.
- Active involvement in menu design and food presentation standards.
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment by ensuring all staff work safely and support the concept of team versus individuality.
- Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising our guests' satisfaction.
- Promote professional work habits, encourage staff to act with integrity and recognize this trait in others and reward them appropriately
- Maintain ongoing training and development of employees.
- May be responsible for kitchen operation in absence of Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- May be responsible for stewarding day to day operation in collaboration with the other Sous Chefs in absence of Stewarding Supervisor.
- Ensure details of guest service are maintained to standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
- Maximize daily productivity of staff, managing daily staffing guidelines to align with actual business levels.
- Prepare requisitions in a timely manner and to communicate with the Chef's office in regard to the bi-weekly food order.
- Other related duties.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the culinary field.
- High-end restaurant, food & culinary production experience a definite asset.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven passion about the culinary industry and acute awareness of current trends in cuisine, creativity is a must.
- Successful completion of: First Aid/CPR, FH&R Train the Trainer, and Safe Food Handlers courses are preferred.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS