Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chief Accountant
Pullman Lombok Mandalika Beach Resort
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MEANS
- To assist the Financial Controller and oversee daily accounting operations in the hotel.
- To supervise daily accounting operations.
- To perform bank reconciliation and month-end reconciliation of all general ledger balances.
- To prepare the trial balance and financial reports.
- To review and analyze all accounts before issuing final monthly financial statements.
TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES General
- To supervise and control subordinates to discharge their duties in an effective and efficient manner.
- To ensure teamwork and efficient operation of the department through team spirit development.
- To supervise daily accounting operations.
- To prepare time tables for completing monthly reports and work schedules.
- To be responsible for preparation of the various monthly reports as required by Management.
- To perform a financial analysis on the monthly statements and report the results to the Financial Controller.
- To assist the Financial Controller in checking and investigating whether purchase requisitions fall in capital expenditure or expense budgets.
- To ensure sub-ledgers and supporting evidence are in order and properly maintained to support the General Ledger.
- To safeguard all contracts and agreements and to supervise the necessary accounting procedures and the preparation of accounting ledgers and summaries.
- To perform other duties as required by the Financial Controller.
- To review the daily revenue report prepared by the Income Auditor and to prepare the Income journal.
- To verify that journals and journal vouchers are properly recorded and accurate.
- To verify that the general ledger and sub-ledger postings are accurate, ensure that general ledger and sub-ledger balances correspond and all contra/clearance accounts are cleared at month-end.
- To manage prepaid and accrued expense monthly allocations and other allocated expense calculations and to ensure they are properly accounted for.
- To review the salary calculations and ensure that labor expenses are properly posted.
- To review the Monthly Food & Beverage Cost Controller's Report and to verify the proper booking of the costs.
- To check a draft of monthly account statements, verifying that there are no errors or unrecorded amounts and to report to the Financial Controller.
- To verify that fixed assets are purchased according to the capital expenditure budget, that amounts are properly recorded and the fixed assets ledger completed.
- To verify that the computer system is operating smoothly and that all necessary accounting records are correctly prepared.
- To maintain close communication with the public auditors and to communicate instructions for the preparation of internal and external audits, preparing all necessary data and documents, in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- To maintain a working knowledge of the accounting regulations of the region where the hotel is located.
- To verify the daily bank balances through review of the bank statements for all bank transactions and to prepare the bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation to be submitted to the Financial Controller for approval.
- To verify the accuracy of the General Cashier report and that revenue receipts are daily deposited into the bank by the General Cashier.
- To perform monthly physical inspections for cash held by the cashiers (on a random basis) and to review daily cash balance lists from the General Cashier for cash on hand.
- To ensure that unused cheques and other bank forms are safely stored and that all measures are taken to protect cash on hand at any point of sale area and the General Cashier's room.
- To verify the daily foreign exchange rates comply with and are advertised according to the procedure.
- To prepare actual and estimated working capital schedules and to submit them to the Financial Controller.
- In regards to sales tax, consumption tax and payroll related taxes, to verify that amounts are promptly declared and paid on time.
- To ensure that all tax matters are treated in a proper manner and in compliance with related legislation.
- To follow up any tax changes and other legislation.
- To check the workload for the Accounting department and assist the Financial Controller in setting and changing assignment of work in order to prevent overburdening one part of the staff with heavy workload.
- To manage the vacation schedule for the Accounting department, doing the necessary adjustments to prevent any trouble in the daily operation.
- To evaluate employee performance and make suggestion to the Controller accordingly.
- To plan and organize training for the staff in areas of accounting and finance.
- Directly reports to the Financial Controller
- To be ready and responsible when assigned to perform any other duties as designated by higher management.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Primary school education
- Additional certification(s) from a reputable Culinary school will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages and basic understanding of local languages will be an advantage
- Good communication and customer contact skills
- Service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- A team player & builder
- A motivator & self-starter
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21