We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Rach Gia/Vietnam
Level : Management
Posted : 11 Feb 2022
Job Role : Accountant
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ63528
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-03-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
PREMIER VILLAGE PHU QUOC RESORT MANAGED BY ACCOR
Responsibilities and means
- Supervises daily accounting operations
bank reconciliation and month-end reconciliation of all general ledger balances
- Prepares the trial balance and financial reports
- Reviews and analyse all accounts before issuing final monthly financial statements
- Supervises and controls subordinates to discharge their duties in an effective and eficient manner
- Ensures teamwork and efficient operation of the department through team spirit development
- Be ready and responsible when assigned to perform any other duites as designated by higher management
- Supervises the daily accouting operations
- Prepares timetable for completing monthly reports and work schedules
- Be responsible for preparation of the various monthly reports as required by Management
- Performs a financial analysis on a monthly statements and report the results to the Financial Controller
- Assist the Financial Controller in checking and investigating whether purchase requisitions fall in capital expenditure or expense budgets
- Ensures sub-ledges and supporting evidence are in order and properly maintained to support the general ledger
- Safeguards all contracts and agreements and to supervise the necessary accounting procedures and the preparation of accounting ledgers and summaries
- Performs other duties as required by the Financial Controller
- Reviews the daily revenue report prepared by the Income Auditor and to prepare the Income journal
- Verifies that journals and journal vouchers are properly recorded and accurate
- Verifies that the general ledger and sub-ledger postings are accurate, ensures that general ledger and sub-ledger balances correspond and all
- Manages prepaid and accured expense monthly allocations and other allocated expense calculations and to ensure they are properly accounted for
- Reviews the salary calculations and ensures that labour expenses are properly posted
- Reviews the monthly Food & Beverage Cost Controller's report and to verify the proper booking of the costs
- Checks a draft of monthly account statements, verifying that there are no errors or unrecorded amounts and to report to the Financial Controller
- Verifies that fixed assets are purchased according to the capital expenditure budget, that amount are properly recorded and the fixed assets ledger completed
- Verifies that the computer system is operating smoothly and that all necessary accounting records are correctly prepared
- Maintains close communication with the public auditors and to communicate instructions for the preparation of internal and external audits, preparing all necessary data and documents, in conjunction with the Financial Controller
- Maintains a working knowledge of the accounting regulations of the region where the hotel is located
- Verifies the daily bank balances through review of the balance statements for all bank transactions and to prepare the bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation to be submitted to the Financial Controller
- Verifies the accuracy of the General Cashier report and that revenue receipts are daily deposited into the bank by the General Cashier
- Performs monthly physical inspections for cash held by the cashiers (on a random basis) and to review daily cash balance lists from General Cashier for cash on hand
- Ensures that unused cheques and other bank forms are safely stored and that all measures are taken to protect cash on hand at any point of sale area and the General Cashier's room
- Verifies the daily foreign exchange rates comply with and are advertised according to the procedure
- Prepares actual and estimated working capital schedules and to submit them to the Financial Controller
- Ensures that all tax matters are treated in a proper manner and in compiance with related legislation
- Verifies that sales tax, consumption tax and payroll related taxes are promply declared and paid on time
- Follows up any tax changes and other legislation
- Checks the workload for the Accounting department and assist the Financial Controller in setting and changing assignment of work in order to prevent overburdening one part of the staff with heavy workload
- Manages the vacation schedule for the Accounting department, doing the necessary adjustments to prevent any trouble in the daily operation
- Evaluates employee performance and make suggestion to the Financial Controller accordingly
- Plans and organizes training for emplyees in area of accounting and finance
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good Communication and writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5 - 8 years in hotel accounting or audit with at least one year in an Assistant Financial Controller or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor.
- Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world!
Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21