Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chief Steward
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chief Steward; some of the key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
Work Experience Main Requirements:
- To have a full working knowledge of all hygiene and occupational health & safety regulations.
- To possess the HACCP certification and to comply and follow at all times the HACCP processes put into place.
- To ensure that breakages are administrated in order to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakages and losses.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
- To ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force and maintain a close cooperation with other Food & Beverage outlets.
- To ensure that the Stewarding Department is managed, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- To assist and coach in the operation and be visible during peak times or major events having a hands on approach.
- To implement a flexible scheduling based on business patterns.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned place of work.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates, implementing multi tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
- To establish and strictly control inventories and to the par stocks in the operation for all operating equipments, Food & Beverage, FF&E items and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipments and supplies.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in Stewarding Department on Chief Steward position
- Food Handling Certification is a must
- Must be able to read, write & speak English fluently
- Good knowledge of chemicals and Inventory process
- Computer literate required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to coach, train, counsel and encourage Stewarding employees