Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chief Steward
Movenpick Resort Cam Ranh, Cam Hai Dong, Cam Lam, Khanh Hoa
Leadership received from (directly):
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Kitchen & F&B teams
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
Key Deliverables and ResponsibilitiesPlanning & organizing:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient operations of the Stewarding Department cleaning processes and maintenance of health, safety and hygiene in all F&B areas
- Taking ownership of all Food & Beverage back of house areas and common usage spaces
- Safeguard all operating equipment, implement processes to avoid breakage and report breakage and stock counts to Executive Chef and Director of F&B.
- Overall organisation and team management of the Stewarding Department
- Responsible for the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours.
- To prepare schedules for all personnel according to the forecast and within the limits of the staffing guide, to ensure adequate manpower at all times.
- The ability to make requisitions of all items needed for the next day, with the assistance of the Sous Chef or senior Chef on duty.
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise your and your teams daily tasks in order to ensure on time delivery as required.
- The ability to make requisitions for outsourced labour requirements.
- The ability to lead outsourced labour to ensure Mövenpick standards are followed and operation runs efficiently
- met of all items needed for the next day, with the assistance of the Sous Chef or senior Chef on duty.
- Forecast labour costs according to business demand.
- Review new equipment needs and report to Executive Chef and Dir of F&B
- The ability to manage sections, shifts and teams of stewards in order to achieve a smooth, safe and hygienic environment
- The ability to work together with all staff harmoniously
- To have thorough knowledge of the use of all operating equipment and cleaning process
- To be aware of and implement the hotel hygiene and sanitation standards and procedures
- To be aware of the hotel fire and life safety standards and procedures
- Ensure cleanliness and order of all stewarding stores
- Practice economy of supplies, electricity and water whenever possible
- Co-operate and work as a team
- Prepares adequate and appropriate equipment for projected F&B needs
- Ensure that equipment is replaced in the correct areas after usage
- Responsible for the following as assigned (where applicable):
- Kitchen overnight cleaning
- Floors / wall cleaning in the kitchen
- Kitchen equipment cleaning
- Cleaning of ice machines
- Cleaning of shelves and filters
- Silver, bronze, copper polishing
- Washing of dirty F&B operating equipment
- Dishwashing process / maintenance of the equipment
- Handling and cleaning of equipment trolleys
- Garbage disposal
- Ensure that the following is implemented to facilitate effective cleaning:
- Correct procedures according to standards
- Correct cleaning agents and quantity
- Correct type of cleaning equipment
- Proper handling & storing of equipment (e.g. appropriate temperature control of machine)
- Assist in any other functions & areas as informed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Maintain all records in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare outsourced labour hours and invoices
- Maintain stock inventory with Cost Controller as per set schedule
- Report breakage and stock inventories monthly
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Work Experience
Good knowledge of industrial kitchen equipment and cleaning procedures.
Able to lift up to 30kgs.
Five or more years' experience in similar role at a high-volume, full-service restaurant, hotel & resorts.
Flexible schedule required.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Food Safety Regulations of HACCP.
Fluent in English language Benefits
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
Learning programs through our Academies & Opportunities to develop across the worldmployee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide