Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cluster Reservations Agent - Arabic Speaker
Position : Cluster Reservations Agent - Arabic Speaker
Department : Revenue & Reservations
Reports to : Reservations Supervisor / Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Cluster Reservations Agent - Arabic Speaker is responsible to handle inquiries through phone, fax or email inquiries pertaining to room reservations with a focus on revenue maximization and quality. The agent at all times meets and exceeds performance standards while maintaining exceptional service level for guest satisfaction and maximize potential hotel revenue by applying the Raffles Standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the key principles of Accor Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Group, Other
- Rate restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
- Maximize rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective upselling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the hotel
- Be fluent in all hotels products and services
- Handle faxes and emails pertaining to rooms reservations
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time
- Handle customer queries and complaints relating to Rooms Reservations
- Co-host dinners/special events with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required
- Identify sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies
- Promote the Raffles' products and services and ensure full knowledge of all facilities, services and hours of operations in order to respond confidently and effectively to inquiries and guest's needs.
- Determine guest's needs and offer the appropriate room, restaurant and charges as per guest's requirements.
- Respond to enquiries about hotel products and services over the telephone, fax, email etc.
- Ensure full awareness of loyalty programs and full knowledge of special rates / offers / promotions
- Record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently, accurately and convert to sale whenever possible to meet hotel targets
- Arrange accommodation, visas, dining and activity requirements for leisure, corporate and wholesaler's and group Guests
- Close all deals possible to maximize revenue.
- Process amendments to room reservations.
- Ensure direct input in the OPERA system and ensure that bookings are made with most accurate information to exceed Guest's expectations
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Accor Core Reservation Standards
- Achieve targeted goals in the LQA Hotel Mystery Shopping calls
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
- Create hierarchies/relationships between Corporate Accounts
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS.
- Be involved in all property PMS conversions
- Complete understanding and effective use if the Hotel's telephone system
- Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with all the necessary departments to ensure highest level of guest service and revenue is achieved.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Report any damage or loss to hotel property.
- Abide by the Raffles standards as specified in the Raffles code of conduct.
- Maintains good working relations with other departments, particularly Front Office and keeps close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize work flow
- Goal Oriented
- Working knowledge of Opera.
- Microsoft Office specially outlook and Excel
- Fluent in English speaking and typing
- Fluent Arabic speaker
- Minimum 2 years experience in Hotel or Resort as Reservations Agent
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region