Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis 1 - Cold Kitchen
Raffles The Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize together with de Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board re change of any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
EXPE RI ENCE
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience