Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis Chef
Pullman Cairns International
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the kitchen team with daily operations, ensuring high quality and presentation of food is provided to guests. You will maintain a clean and hygienic work environment and assist with preparation for a range of service periods, work in a variety of sections including a la carte, buffet and functions.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- #WorkYourWay - tell us how this role can fit with every part of your life
- Access to the ALL Heartists Program from day one - offering preferential hotel rates and offers from more than 80 partners
- Learning programs through our Learn Your Way online platform and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- The opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world
- Salary range $52000 - $58000 per annum
What will you bring to the team?
- Food preparation for breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service, events and buffet service.
- Prepare and ensure availability of mis en place as required.
- Ensure strict stock rotation and minimum wastage.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy.
- Organise an assigned section and ensure it runs efficiently and productively.
- Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
- Check all food is stored and handled correctly as per current food health and hygiene regulations
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to work as part of a large kitchen team to ensure our guests have a great dining experience.
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed whilst working under pressure in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining high and consistent attention to detail and standards.
- Strong communication, organisational skills and grooming standards
- Outstanding work ethic with the flexibility to work rotating rosters and shifts.
- Well versed in all aspects of Food Hygiene, HACCP and OH&S to ensure safe working practices are followed within the kitchen.
- Relevant Trade qualifications.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.