Job Description For Commis Chef/Kitchen Steward
Halfway between Christchurch and Queenstown, Peppers Bluewater is so picturesque it featured in one of our latest television commercials. By day, marvel at lake and mountain views, by night the stars are so brilliant the area has been designated a night sky reserve. You'll be busy all year round, helping the team provide the personalised service for which Peppers is renowned.
We are seeking a strong, reliable and dedicated Commis Chef / Kitchen Steward to join our Kitchen Team.
The role is located in Lake Tekapo, and is a permanent full time position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. The hourly pay rate for the role is between $25-$27 per hour. This role is a fantastic entry level opportunity to become part of a professional and mid-scaled kitchen brigade and would be suitable for anyone with a passion for food who is pursuing a career as a chef and may already hold basic cookery & food handling skills.
The main component of this role is to:
- To work within and support the resorts culinary team assisting with the preparation, cookery and service of high quality food to our diners.
- Preparation and daily service of Buffet styled breakfast
- Maintain the kitchen in line with all food safety guide lines thus ensuring hygienically clean work environment crockery, cutlery, glassware and other kitchen equipment using both commercial dishwashers and ensure r ubbish removal , s weeping and mopping of kitchen floors to ensure ongoing cleanliness & kitchen Hygiene.
The Commis Chef's role is crucial to the effective operation of our kitchen! This role will also focus on providing support to our kitchen team, duties may include but are not limited to:
- Food preparation
- Grating, peeling, chopping
- Preparation of sauces and stocks
- Preparing batters, garnishes and seasonings
- Serving high quality meals across various service periods.
You will have the opportunity to build up your hospitality career within a stable, secure and reputable organisation. If you are a "can do" person that works hard with purpose and energy; likes working in a team within a diverse environment; and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you'll fit right in and we'd like to have you on our team. Apply today!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Accor - Follow ALL-Accor Live Limitless @all.pacific
Work your way across the Pacific and find other opportunities - www.jobsataccor.com.au
To see what our team are up to connect with us at @KeepUpWithAccor on Instagram, Accor Careers Pacific on Facebook and LinkedIn . Why work for Accor?
With over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of likeminded professionals.
Become a Heartist and work in an environment where we encourage you to bring your real self to work, unleash your creativity and have fun.
Take advantage of special team member rates from as little as $60 per night and experience our properties as a guest. Why work in the Majestic and Magical Mackenzie region?
Here are just 52 reasons! 52 Reasons - Mackenzie Region (mackenzienz.com)
Live, Work and Play in the Mackenzie, apply now to begin your journey!