Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis Chef Pullman Brisbane Airport
Pullman Brisbane Airport
The Brisbane Airport Hotels Group encompasses the Pullman, Novotel and ibis Brisbane Airport Hotels, as well as the Brisbane Airport Conference Centre. With 532 guest rooms, 3 restaurants, Rooftop Event Space, Executive Lounge, IRD`s and 17 meeting spaces. Located at the Brisbane Airport precinct, it is the first accommodation, meeting, and event space to be developed in this precinct.
Pullman Brisbane Airport is currently seeking a Commis Chef to join the professional and dynamic kitchen team. This role will report to the Executive Chef, with responsibilities including leading the smooth day-to day shift operation within the Kitchen.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards
- Perform tasks within a timely manner
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contaminating
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements
- Be environmentally aware
- Trade qualification and experience in a similar role, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge with experience in a variety of cooking techniques and styles.
- Demonstrated experience leading staff.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain food safety standards and understanding of HACCP.
- Understanding of workplace health and safety principals as they apply to the kitchen environment.
We thank all interested parties in advance for their application, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.