Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis I
Position : Commis I
Department : F&B Culinary
Reports to : DCDP, CDP, JSC , SC , CDC
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize together with de Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board re change of any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
EXPE RI ENCE:
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience